How To Be a Green Hotel Guest
- Turn off any lights, TV, air conditioner or heater when you leave your hotel room for the day.
- Take the energy-saving option of not having sheets and towels changed every day. In many hotels, it's understood that if you fold your towel and hang it neatly, housekeeping won't replace it. But just to make sure, let housekeeping know by calling the front desk or leaving a note.
- Bring your own reusable mug, pen and pencil, shampoo and other personal use products.
- Leave unopened amenities in the room and take home opened ones.
- Take only the brochures and tourist information you need and return the rest to the display racks.
- Recycle your waste: bottles, cans, paper, etc.
- Thank the managers and employees for embracing green-hotel practices.