- The largest faculty on campus, the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences is home to about 5,000 students.
- Through our Gateway Program, we offer an alternative admission path to high school graduates identified as able to succeed at university, yet disappointed by their final high school results.
- The Discovery Program allows students to explore their options at university before declaring a major of study.
- All first-year students receive communication proficiency through the Foundations of Academic Writing courses.
- All of our social work programs are fully accredited by the Canadian Association of Social Work Education.
- The MSW/JD is a dual-degree program for students to obtain a law degree and a master’s in social work a full year sooner than pursuing them separately.
The Jackman Dramatic Art Centre
- The Jackman Dramatic Art Centre includes dedicated spaces for training in movement, acting and voice, as well as the Studio Theatre for student and community projects.
- University Players mounts six productions each season, presenting the best of Canadian, contemporary and classical theatre.
- Our nine ensembles run the gamut from the Chamber Choir to the Jazz Ensemble to the New Music Workshop for composition and performance of interdisciplinary works.
- The School of Visual Arts provides an interdisciplinary learning environment featuring in-depth studio production.
- The Visual Arts and the Built Environment program, offered in cooperation with the University of Detroit Mercy, allows students to pursue architectural studies at the end of three years.