ELEVEN REASONS WHY WRITING A DISSERTATION IS
HAVING A BABY
1. Three months before your due date, your doctor
"I want you
to go back and re-do the first trimester's work."
2. Unlike advisors, you can switch doctors without having to start
3. Conceiving a baby is WAY more fun than conceiving a topic.
4. You know exactly how long a pregnancy takes.
5. Friends and relatives don't question the worth of a baby.
6. You don't need to explain repeatedly to friends and family what
it takes to make a baby...
why you're not through yet.
7. No one will make you go to grad school before having a baby.
8. Everyone will say your baby is cute and you'll believe them.
9. Babies don't require proper footnoting or adherence to a style
10. You can freely borrow other people's stuff if you're having a
baby and not be accused of
11. No one will complain if your baby is too similar to another